AIED 2021 workshops/tutorials are designed to provide an opportunity for the in-depth discussion of current and emerging topics of interest to the AIED community. We encourage workshop/tutorial proposals that bring together people working on new and developing research topics that favor highly interactive discussions. Those proposing a workshop/tutorial should provide information on why the workshop/tutorial is of interest to the AIED community, and why a workshop/tutorial on this topic is beneficial. Workshops/tutorials that take into account the theme of AIED 2021 are especially encouraged: “Mind the Gap: AIED for Equity and Inclusion”.
Workshop/tutorial proposal requirements and format (2-4 pages total length for proposal)
- Length of workshop/tutorial: full or half-day
- Clear description of the workshop/tutorial topics importance to AIED community
- Description of the workshop/tutorial content and themes
- Names, short biographies, and contact information of workshop/tutorial chair(s)
- Proposed format of the workshop/tutorial (expected running timeline) and type of activities (e.g., paper presentations, discussions, demos, panels, invited speakers, etc.)
- Brief contribution gathering timeline (e.g., approximate timeline for paper contributions, any invited speakers/keynotes, etc. – see also fix/suggested dates below)
- Expected target audience and expected number of participants.
- Previous editions of the workshop/tutorial series, if applicable.
- Please also indicate any potential solicitation plans for workshop/tutorial funding from other sources, such as international projects, research networks, or industry. (External funding is not required for acceptance.)
- Any support deemed necessary from the organizing committee and workshop chairs.
- Initial list of program committee members. To ensure a workshop is of interest to the broader AIED community, we encourage workshops to include members from multiple institutions and countries.
Those interested in organizing a workshop/tutorial should submit their proposals via email to all three AIED 2021 workshop/tutorial chairs. Any questions should be addressed to all three chairs as well.
Alexandra I. Cristea, Durham University, UK (email@example.com)
Mingyu Feng, WestEd, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Zitao Liu, TAL Education Group, China (email@example.com)
Please check the dates page.
Workshop/tutorial chairs will provide a one-page summary of their workshop/tutorial that will be included in the main conference proceedings.